Welcome to the Ahmadu Bello University Portal for the screening of candidates that sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for admission into undergraduate programmes of the University. Please take time to read the following guidelines before you register for the screening.
Qualtification for Screening
- Candidates who scored 180 and above in UTME for science based courses;
- All candidates who fall within the cut off point in (a) above, must have the prescribed UTME subject combinations required for the courses applied for as contained in the JAMB Brochure;
- And must have chosen Ahmadu Bello University as their first choice.
N.B: Those whose UTME subject combinations are not correct need not come as they will not be allowed to attend the screening exercise.
Procedure for Online Registration for UTME Screening
Registration for the screening exercise will commence from Tuesday 2nd July, 2013 and close on Saturday 26th July, 2013. Applicants are required to pay a sum of N2,000.00 screening fee. This is exclusive of bank administrative charges of N400.00. Candidates are advised to obtain an eTranZact PIN from any commercial bank and thereafter load the PIN Number for the online registration process by clicking on Register for Post UTME Screening on the home page of Ahmadu Bello University web site, www.abu.edu.ng or the page, http://forms.abu.edu.ng/putme. Accordingly, candidates are required to upload their MOST RECENT AND CLEAR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH and ensure that Registration and Schedule Slips are both printed.
All printouts and a copy of UTME result MUST be submitted on the day of the screening. Keep copies of all printouts for future reference.
Candidates MUST arrive at the screening venue One Hour before their scheduled screening time, to ensure proper briefing and accreditation.
Please note that:-
(GSM Phones are not allowed during the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Parents, Guardians and uninvited law enforcement agencies will not be allowed into the venues during the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Venues for Screening
Candidates should report at the Multipurpose Hall, Faculty of Social Sciences, Main Campus, Ahmadu Bello University, Samaru, Zaria at 7:00am daily.
SCHEDULE OF SCREENING DATES
Monday 22ndJuly, 2013
Tuesday 23rdJuly, 2013
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Design
Wednesday 24th July, 2013
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Law
Thursday 25th July, 2013
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Friday 26th July, 2013
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Agriculture
Any candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise on the date indicated on his/her Schedule Slip would not be considered for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria during the 2013/2014 academic session
Follow the steps below to register
- Type in your JAMB number and specify your state of origin on the login page and click on login
- Enter your valid mobile number, email address
- Upload your true, clear and recent passport size photograph in JPEG format (not more than 100KB); and O/level results (where available).
- Choose awaiting result where applicable. Ensure that your photograph is uploaded.
- Click on the save button.
- Print 2 copies of the registration slip.
- Click on Proceed to Schedule to schedule for screening
- if you experience any problem with login to the Portal, uploading your passport photograph or OL results call 07067430505, 07067430539, 07067430512 or 07067430531.